Alexandria


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
May 16th 2006
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

cart in Alexcart in Alexcart in Alex

Cart in Alex
Kirk and I caught the train to Alexandria for a day trip. There was food on the train but of course I did not eat most of it as it was suspicious. Kirk on the other hand, having only been traveling for a few days, decided it was ok to eat the cheese. He spent the rest of the day feeling sick.

Kirk was able to man-up and we visited the Catacombs and Pompei's Tower. We then headed to the seafront. The bad cheese caugh up with Kirk who sat on the harbor wall and threw-up. His display of sickness did not stop an aggressive tout from trying to sell Kirk a carriage ride even as he was heaving his lunch into the water.

After Kirk found his wind, we set off for the Fort and then caught the train back to Cairo for our flight to Luxor.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

ShoppingShopping
Shopping

Shopping street in Alex...shot from the moving tram on way to Catacombs
ArabsArabs
Arabs

Kirk fits in well with the other "arabs" at a cafe across from Pompei's Pillar...unfortunately Kirk ate the cheese on the train and did not feel well afterwards...
Pompei's PillarPompei's Pillar
Pompei's Pillar

I pose with a sphinx-like statue and the pillar.
Alexandria HarborAlexandria Harbor
Alexandria Harbor

Shot of the harbor..in the foreground is a group of fisherman pulling in their net with the help of two older men in the water.
Alexandria FortAlexandria Fort
Alexandria Fort

This massive fort occupies the west end of the entry to the port.
Alexandria portAlexandria port
Alexandria port

View of the port and fishing boats from within the fort.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb