Sandstorm!!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Aswan
February 25th 2012
Published: February 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Drive to Abu SimbelDrive to Abu SimbelDrive to Abu Simbel

Some Sahara Love
Wow did the wind pick up last night!!! Kamikane (wind in Hawaiian) raced through the hills, howling and causing windows to shiver within their frames. Across the Nile, a sheet of white film filled the sky, as the sands of the Sahara were blown about. It's so beautiful and powerful to watch nature cleanse the earth... especially from inside the villa!

It was also so hot last night. Such a dichotomy in my mind. Wind = Cool.

I am also staying in a newer section of Aswan, where houses are being built and construction is almost non-stop. In fact, they are so nocturnal here that some of the work doesn't start until after sunset - including the jackhammer! Last night was no exception. Bulldozers and large trucks were in and out of the area all night and early morning.

Metal slammed against metal every once in awhile, jolting me awake and back into my body.

There was not much sleep to be had for me last night! And yet, I awake full of joy.

Both the land and the air feel cleansed. Another dichotomy, as there is sand everywhere now. Things feel light and happy and clean and I am ready to begin a new day!

Blessings, Aloha and Namaste,

Sue Divine xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb