Hilton Taba Resort


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Sinai » Taba
February 10th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 15 After breakfast we got into the bus. We were traveling to Taba which takes 6 hours. We stopped twice because of bathroom and stretch breaks. We ate lunch on the bus, boxed lunches. The box lunches came off a bus on the side of the road, they have probably been sitting in the hot sun for hours. Grandpa was the first one to eat lunch. In the boxes were two oranges with a small hole in each, a sub sandwichwith mayo, ham and veggies, chicken flavored chips, and a dessert stick which was chocolate with cream inside. I ate one of my breakfast cookies. After lunch I looked out of my window and saw a pack of dogs running away from the street. We were in the middle of no where! Front, back, side to side, all desert. We had a police escourt in front of the bus and after a while the police car shifted behind. The he left. Soon a huge sandstorm erupts. You could hear the wind whipping at the windows and the sand dancing with the wind. As we got closer to the hotel, the sandstorm was reducing. Arriving at the hotel, I realized the sandstorm stopped, but Grandpa said probably in a couple of hours it will reach us (again).

The hotel was amazing and it was right next to the place where you transfer from Egypt to Israel. The hotel was called the Hilton Taba Resort and it sat next to the Red Sea. There was a small garden and a fountain in the front of the hotel. Inside of the hotel, Grandma and I sat on a couch, in the lobby while Grandpa checked us in. Ever since we came to Egypt, we didn't drink the berverages that the men gave us because it was made with the Egyptian water. The drink the men gave us at this hotel was green, a pineapple drink. Everyone tried the juice except Grandma and me because they didn't notice us. About 10 minutes later we headed to our room. We were on the fourth floor, room number 425. The hotel has a five star rating. We do not have a wake up call in the morning, but our suitcases have to be set out at 11:15 am.

South Sinai, Egypt at Taba Beach is our location. When we arrived at our room, we were exausted. Our TV said: Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Anderson to the Hilton Taba Resort. The man finally brought up our suitcases to our room and Grandpa counted them. Ten minutes later I needed my black suitcase and I couldn't find it. Then Grandpa called the lobby and they were looking for it. After 15 minutes Grandpa wanted to help look, so he went downstairs and the men told him to go back to his room. Finally, a man found my suitcase and gave it to us. Grandpa wanted to explore outside, so we did.....While Grandma re-arranged her luggage, Grandpa and I went outside to explore around the hotel. After walking for 10 minutes,, we decided to investigate the beach. The body of water was called the Gulf of Acaba. The water was crystal clear and you could see all of the rocks. There wasn't much sand on the beach, there were mostly rocks. Most of the rocks were granite. I found some granite rocks and amazing shells. The hotel also had two huge pools. We went back up to the room, retrieved Grandma, and headed downstairs for dinner.

The dinner was interesting. I ate delicious mashed potatoes tasted... amazing. I didn't add any cheese or butter, just the way they are. After dinner we decended up to the room. I told Grandma, "What?!, its only 8:45 pm and we are going to sleep?" Grandma went inside the bathroom to brush her teeth and when she came out, I was fast asleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb