Alexandria and the Deep Blue Red Sea


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Red Sea
June 23rd 2010
Published: June 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yeah, we know we are weeks behind and the sun and sand of the Middle East are a distant memory, but we have some homework to catch up on, and like diligent little students that would make any teacher proud, we must complete our work before the school year ends.

We wrapped up our stay in the Middle East with an extended stay on the Sinai Peninsula enjoying the sparkling blue water of the Red Sea. The volcanic eruption in Iceland provided us a convenient excuse to extend our stay for a week, but in fact, it was the abundant and colourful marine life that prevented us from leaving.

After completing a dive course and exploring the waters of the Sinai, we headed to Alexandria to check out the library and then a few days in Cairo to explore the old Islamic quarter. Egypt was a fantastic way to end our trip to the Middle East and we left with some fond memories of food, folks, fish, and the friendly Egyptian welcome..."Ah Canada... Canada Dry, never die".


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Our Favourite Egyptian BreakieOur Favourite Egyptian Breakie
Our Favourite Egyptian Breakie

Fava beans, tahini, eggs, humus, falafel, veggies, and of course warm pita.
Curbside CompanionsCurbside Companions
Curbside Companions

Waiting for the men outside the mosque.
No Crosswalk, Time to JaywalkNo Crosswalk, Time to Jaywalk
No Crosswalk, Time to Jaywalk

Putting our faith in Eyptian drivers. They came through every time.
Eau de ToiletteEau de Toilette
Eau de Toilette

From a simple table condiment to an advanced fragrance.


Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb