The Red Sea


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Red Sea » Hurghada
October 13th 2008
Published: October 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post


05-10-08

With a rare free day, we decided to take a tour in a glass bottom catamaran to the coral reefs, just off shore. Brianna wasn't keen to go as she gets sea sick. We assured her it would be fine as the water was dead flat.
We had to wait for the 2nd boat as we just missed the first one (not our fault the driver was late picking us up). While waiting we took a few photographs and Sandra almost got cast into the sea by a local fisherman who was fishing on the wharf. His hook almost catching her by the ear as he cast his line.
Our boat finally arrived and we boarded for our tour. The water here is a beautiful aqua colour and as clear as crystal. We spent about 1 hour on the boat and about 1/2 an hour viewing in the glass bottom. We saw plenty of fish and coral as the photos show.
We returned to the hotel in the afternoon, lounged by the pool and indulged in a few drinks. The girls got to like the taste of Shirley Temple Mocktails (lemonade and red cordial) and boasted about drinking 14 in 2 hours.
Tomorrow we catch the 9.00am ferry to Sharm El Sheikh which is located on the other side of the Red Sea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb