Sphinx, Pyramids and Camels ~Oh My!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Giza
May 22nd 2012
Published: May 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

pyramid pyramid pyramid

Walking into the Sphinx
OKayyy We are NOT in Kansas, Toto!!!

Day 1 - Waking to the soft creamy feel of Egyptian cotton sheets made us want just want to stay there all day but alas, this was a 4 am wake up for a dawn walk into the paws of the Sphinx. Like a dream, silently we floated through the warmth of the Sahara desert feet landing on ancient whispers, exquisite lighting warming the pyramid. Rounding a corner, the Sphinx in full glory - silently sitting, listening to any messages...Horus, Maat, unburdened forgiveness, light as a feather...I thought about you - There were some profound images/insights which I will share with you individually.

The camel ride was a complete surprise. I rode on Alibaba who seemed to like to make a lot of noise - not one easily repeatable 😊.

What an amazing day!

Oh and the food is unbelieveable. We are staying at the nicest hotel at the base of the pyramids where we view the great pyramid in the dining room while eating the most delicious fruit, babaganoush, flafel, and so much more! We realize it may take a while to get used to all this but are liking it!!

Oh and did I mention the soothing pool with no chlorine?? So nice to swim in!!



Sending you LOVE from Egypt, the land of warm hearted people


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb