Israel & Egypt Part 2


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
March 28th 2011
Published: March 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

We cruised from Luxor south to Aswan


PART 2: EGYPT

There is soo much to talk about when it comes to Egypt. But here is the bottom line.. if we didn't do the top of the line tour that my mother setup, I would have NEVER wanted to go. We were truly taken care of, picked up from the airport, checked into our hotel, picked up for every flight, tour, ...etc. honestly babied thru Egypt but it was GREAT.

We got picked up in Cairo in the evening, taken to a fancy hotel and got picked up super early the next morning for Luxor.

Day 1: Karnak & Luxor Temple (Cruise)
Day 2: Valley of The Queens, Temple of Ha-Gyp-suit, Valley of the Kings (Cruise)
Day 3: Edfu Temple & Kom Ombo Temple (Cruise)
Day 4: Aswan - Philae Temple, High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk & Eli's 18th Bday (Cruise)
Day 5 & 6: Giza Pyramids & Cairo


Everyday was a total adventure. This was NO vacation. We were up super early every morning and were in bed early every night. We saw things that you seriously cannot believe were truly made by man. Just remarkable structures. Its crazy to think that there were 100,000 people all with the same goal in mind. Imagine what we could do if people cared about the EARTH like the Pharoahs cared about building pyramids?! Crazy eh?

I am going to leave it up to your imagination to figure out what we did every day. It was 6 days of absolute craziness. Eli turned 18 and we brought in 2011 ALL in Egypt. Very crazy and very cool.

I will tell you lots of stories when the time is right.

I promise to try to keep up better with my blog. CHEERS!


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Boat loading dockBoat loading dock
Boat loading dock

You literally walk thru 4 boats to get to your boat


28th March 2011

you are awesome
Great job, Rachel. You are SOOOOO good at this. I love you. Smdar

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb