The Egyptian Museum, Red Sea & Cairo


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
February 6th 2009
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 11. Today I am so excited because we are going to the Egyptian Museum. When we went inside the museum, I could not believe what I was seeing. Inside of the museum were many objects and statues found in some tombs. The second floor had only objects found in King Tut's tomb. Also, in one room there were animal mummies. Some of the mummies were crocodiles, dogs, cats and geese. King Tut is famous because his tomb is the first tomb to be found intact, untouched. He began to rule at age 9 and died at age 19. King Tut was even married. Then we went to a well next to the Mediterranean Sea. The well is the location where Moses and his people stopped to get a drink but the water was bitter. As we were driving away, I noticed all of the palm trees and children. We left that place and got back on the road. We are traveling to Cairo and stopping at certain sites along the way. We also stopped somewhere to see a nice view and we saw a herd of goats. They were so cute. After watching the goats, we loaded onto the bus and continued to Cairo. Before we arrived at Cairo we stopped at Marah by the Red Sea. We walked along the seashore of the Red Sea and I collected some seashells. It reminded me of the Bahamas. We headed back to the bus and continued our journey to Cairo. We finally arrived in Cairo which was very exciting. Cairo is the second largest city in the world. It was so big that it looked like New York City. We drove to our hotel, Pramids Park in Cairo. Our guide's name is Harry which is his American name because he says his Egyptian name is too difficult to pronounce. Then we found our room, ate dinner and went to bed.

Advertisement



12th March 2009

Ditto!
Hey your trip sounds awesome, i was in Cairo and Israel last month and had the time of my life! Your even staying in the same hotel that i stayed in! Just wait till you get to the Pyramids! WOW! Whatever you do, if the guys at the pyramids try to give you something for free just walk away, it's really funny actually- if you accept the 'free' gift, they will follow you asking you to give them a free gift in return :) . have a great time, the people are lovely, sit down and have a pipe with one of the coffee shop owners, they love to talk about their country. Have fun!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb