Opening Ceremony


Advertisement
Congo, Democratic Republic of the's flag
Africa » Congo Democratic Republic » West » Kinshasa
July 21st 2012
Published: July 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today is Saturday, July 21. On Thursday evening, July 19, we all participated in a lovely ceremony in the chapel, with songs, readings, prayers and blessings appropriate for the opening a new program. Before we left the U.S. we (the PACE Team) had decided to divide the students into four groups named for towns in France and Belgium that are important to the history of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur -- Cuvilly, Amiens, Namur, Ghent. During the ceremony each Sister came forward when her name was called to receive a name tag bearing her group name. Maureen is teaching English to the Cuvilly and Namur groups. I have the Amiens and Ghent groups for English. Evelyn and Margaret are team teaching the computer and internet skills class to all four groups. Our classes began on Friday, July 20 -- two one-hour periods for English and two for computer/internet skills -- more about that in a future blog entry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



21st July 2012

Small world!
I love following this. Our Sr. Chantel is here from Congo and diligently working on her English! My French teacher from high school just returned home after 50 years of ministry in Congo. You are all in my prayer. What a great project.
21st July 2012

"You do see...........taking them in your hands."
You must be tired; adjusting to environs and jumping into your mission! I enjoyed seeing the sisters ! What lovely bright colors, too! God Bless!
21st July 2012

wonderful
Jo-Ann, I think your write-ups give us a hands-on feeling of what your group is doing. And comparing fufu to polenta was helpful --- great teaching strategy. Blessings! Marie
23rd July 2012

Thanks
Hi Marie, So glad you're following the blog. We're having a great experience here and feel so at home. Would love to hear from your Pop! Love, Jo-Ann

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb