It's Easier with Great Friends


Advertisement
Burkina Faso's flag
Africa » Burkina Faso » Centre
December 27th 2012
Published: December 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Happy Holidays! I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday season. I spent Christmas with three other volunteers and some Franciscan Sisters at one of the volunteer’s sites. We spent the day singing in French, English, and Moore, eating tons of food, and enjoying the company of some very wonderful people. While it was difficult to be away from family, we more than made up for it by talking about our own family traditions and talking with family on the phone. Two of the Sisters are from America and we were easily able to share stories and reminisce about life back home. But more importantly, we talked about how grateful we were to be able to experience the culture and holidays here. After stuffing our faces with the Sisters, we went back to one volunteer’s house, relaxed a bit, and made gnocci from scratch. Never thought that was possible here, but it was so delicious with the perfect sauce and some care package-Parmesan cheese. I am looking forward to spending New Year’s with some volunteers here in the capital, but in the mean time I have some work to get done. Between meeting an organization about having a library built in my site and getting some report forms completed, I know the next few days will fly by. Hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year’s! Ne Taabo! Wend na konde veere!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb