Transit Trucking


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana
November 28th 2006
Published: November 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Transit Truck Route

Vic Falls to Johannesburg

Nomad TruckNomad TruckNomad Truck

George, Lizzie (in cab) and the Nomad truck at Martinsdrift.

Another Truck


Arranged to travel on a truck re-locating from Vic Falls to Jo'berg. Arrived at the pickup point at the appointed time, 0600. Truck was there, but it was a very quiet stay. First sign of movement about 0700 and finally got away at 0800. I was really glad to have been up since 0430 to get there!

Saw a new bird on the way out of Vic Falls, a ground hornbill. Quite unexpected, as we were travelling at speed and not paying too much attention.

Overnight at Palapye


Arrived at our overnight campsite, and the three pax were allocated a room with three beds in the space where two might have been. Have not been this cramped since visiting Turkey in 2002.

Met a couple of older English blokes doing a charity motor cycle ride from England to Capetown. Their web site is Cotswolds2Capetown. They were great to chat to and a breath of fresh air. Visit their site if you have time. They would like it even better if you also helped their causes, which I also think would be a great thing given the effort that they have put into this endeavour.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Cotswolds2Capetown - the BikesCotswolds2Capetown - the Bikes
Cotswolds2Capetown - the Bikes

The two BMW bikes being ridden by the two Nicks that I met at Palapye.
Martinsdrift Rest AreaMartinsdrift Rest Area
Martinsdrift Rest Area

Other than the border post, there isn't much to recommend Martinsdrift.
LimpopoLimpopo
Limpopo

Extensive traffic congestion at the Botswana/South African border at Martinsdrift. This is on the Botswana side of the Limpopo. The South African side is just as bad.
Limpopo RiverLimpopo River
Limpopo River

Crossing the border - the Limpopo River.
LimpopoLimpopo
Limpopo

Along the road in Limpopo Province


Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb