Our trip through the wilderness


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Moremi Game Reserve
October 24th 2009
Published: October 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After spending a few days in Maun getting ourselves organised and the Land rover fixed ready for our trip through the centre of Botswana, 550 miles through Moremi, Savuti and Chobe. We would spend 8 nights travelling through these areas which can only be described as wilderness areas. They are all national parks with lots of game and very rough 4 by 4 tracks, but no food, water or petrol so we had to pack all our supplies, plus extras in case we hit any problems. So we did all this…but nothing can prepare you for what it was like, there were some days where we did not see another car which is bit concerning when you are driving through water that covers the bonnet of the land rover, you knew if you got stuck or broke down you could be in for a long wait. In England there would be sign in and out register and the game rangers checking that you were back in the camp, not here! We obviously survived and all was okay Adam and I emerged in one piece but the Land rover was a different story. It made it out of the parks just, crawling along at 20km per hour not being able to use the brakes and the back being very wobbly (broken bushes). A few hours later and a repair bill and all was fixed.

Ou


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



25th October 2009

confused
So, did you go back to Maun? Am a bit confused cos last time you were headed for Malawi. Maybe i am being a bit dim. It is a common occurrence at the moment! Either way. glad all is well. All good here. Obstetrician said Winston is slightly bigger than average so there is a good and a bad to that. Hope you recovered from your bout of "tummy ache" and water craving! Em

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb