AND HERE WE ARE!


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2024
Edit Blog Post

After adventures in the airports, we have arrived in Santa Rosa at noon. Toronto to Dallas, Texas was a breeze. So then the adventure begins. Jane’s boarding pass said we needed to go to Gate D31 which required a lengthy ride on the Skylink train to get from C gates to D gates. At the D gates the big screen said we needed to go to C17! My boarding pass read C17 - why didn’t we look at my boarding pass first?? So back on the Skylink and around the track back to C17. With 5 minutes to spare we screeched up to Gate C17.

Our delightful Bobbie is waiting in the outside courtyard at Santa Rosa enjoying a coffee and the lovely sun. At first it looks similar to home but differences show up quickly. Besides the mountains in the background there are dun coloured hills draped with verdant forests. Brilliant flowers abound alongside the roadsides, including the blazing native orange California poppies. Here and there are towering palms. A short ride to Rohnert Park, a tour around the new massive Casino grounds and then into the parking lot of Shari’s Restaurant for a quick lunch.

An absolutely necessary stop is Target for some groceries, beer and wine. The rest of the day is relaxing and planning the next few days of adventures before we prepare a supper of salad, breaded shrimp and sweet potato curry vegetables.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.8kb