Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Jurong West
August 2nd 2007
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bird of paradiseBird of paradiseBird of paradise

Jurong bird Park
I arrived in Singapore early in the day and had a few things planned on this trip, having been here a number of times before I have seen most of the sites. I hadnt visited Changi Prison or the Jurong bird park so they were high on my to do list.

I had already checked my bag in for the flight home so I took a cab straight from the airport to the Changi Museum, eventually the cabbie found it and I visited a place that my my uncle endured for much of WW2, I found the place quiet poignant and very interesting. I left a note there in memory of my uncle before visiting the chapel and the restaurant for a beer. I then caught a bus back to the nearest subway station catching a train to Orchard Rd and my hotel.

I ventured out to do some internetting and to have a feed before having an early night, I woke up early the next morning venturing out for a feed before taking the train out to Jurong West station and then transferring on to the bus to the bird park. I must admit I couldnt believe the scale of the place and spent many hours wandering around snapping photo's of many birds I had never seen before.

I then went to Bugis St market in the late afternoon before catching the train to the airport, I had to wait about 3 hours before my flight left.

This trip to asia was amazing I hope to head back there in the future especially to Indonesia as there is still so much there to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb