Siquijor --> Bohol


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Bohol » Panglao
June 9th 2013
Published: June 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Us again!

So we spent 5 days on Siquijor. We had our own chalet which trash rather luxurious! Unfortunately Lazi Beach Club had less of a beach, more of a rocky bit of shoreline.

Thankfully the weather was rather windy and not so hot as it has been which we were grateful for, it gave our faces a chance to stop sweating!

We didn't do a huge amount on the island although rented a motor bike for a couple of days and visited a butterfly sanctuary and some waterfalls. the butterfly sanctuary was rather quaint but impressive. They have bred 5 species that were on the verge of extinction.

The waterfalls were pleasant enough but we're starting to realise that the Filipinos dont look after their natural treasures - there was a lot of litter and chainsaws cutting down the trees around the pool. We took off fairly quickly and drove round the rest of the island - me riding pillion on our tiny bike. The roads were changeable to say the least; one minute perfect Tarmac, the next a construction site! Kate navigated it well despite the Intermittent rain.

The island and scenery was beautiful and the locals so happy to smile and wave at us!

One day we were particularly shocked to discover we had company on our tiny bike - mr Gekko have hopped aboard and gave us both a shock! Kate soon poked him off with a stick!

We whiled away our time reading and swimming in the pool.

Today we left siquijor for Bohol and the smaller island of Panglao. We took a couple of boats and caught a tricycle the final stretch. The driver talked us into taking a tour with him on Tuesday; he promises to show us the Tarsier and the Chocolate mountains.

We have arrived at Coco Farm; an eco resort where everything (as far as we can tell) is made of coconut. We had a noodle dish for dinner where the noodles were exchanged for coconut strands, but not so as you'd tell. We have our own little straw hut, the toilet and shower blocks are outside athe you shower directly on to the stones! We can see the stars and The meat they eat is locally grown. I think this would be my heaven were it not for the frogs hopping around and the gekkos which we are bound to become close with...not a fan!

I hope the UK and Ireland are swell

Miss you guys xx



Sorry if there are any random spellings/grammar: autocorrect is on drugs tonight


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb