Beautiful places and people of Patan...


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Patan » Durbar Square
April 6th 2013
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Once you are in Kathmandu and have a day to spare a visit to Patan should definitely be included somewhere in your itinerary. I found this place to be pretty charming from the first sight really – beautiful Durbar Square, narrow colourful streets, hidden temples and shrines here and there, little workshops and most of all the smiling faces of people all around. Everything seems much more relaxed in here comparing to Kathmandu as well – people sitting outside chatting and laughing everywhere, children playing in the streets, happily posing for pictures for passing by tourists. You can wander around the streets and watch the people around for hours really… I know there is quite a bit of history behind all the buildings and temples that are scattered all around Patan as well but watching the world go by seemed way more fascinating to me that day than any history lessons…



So here are a few places and what’s more faces of Patan as well – the faces of beautiful and friendly people wandering the streets of Patan, living and working there… The hearts and souls of this town…


Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb