May 15 – Falmouth (Cornwall) England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Falmouth
May 16th 2024
Published: May 16th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Falmouth, England. Last night we sailed from Cobh and had the smoothest night’s sail of the whole cruise. Unfortunately, we have started to reacquire the colds we had in St Louis prior to leaving. Janet was actually able to sleep pretty well last night, but David was all congested and didn’t get much sleep. Hopefully tonight will be better in all respects.

We had breakfast in the Marketplace on deck 15. From there we had a good view of Falmouth. This is the 3rd time we have been here, and we knew it involved a 25-minute trip to/from shore in one of the lifeboats. This just didn’t appeal to us, so we had planned to have a quiet day on the ship. This enabled David to have a 2-hour nap after breakfast.

Lunch was a couple of items from the International Café. We then had some pastries for dessert and a cup of Café Mocha. Afterward we had a quiet afternoon watching “Harry meets Sally” and then “Book Club – Vol 2".

Today is the 2-week mark for when Nala went to visit the Brinks. We hope that by now she and Pepper have started being friends.

Dinner was in the Palm Dining Room. We both had the Crabcake with Tomato Carpaccio appetizers, and then we had the Braised Pork Shoulder for our entrée. Dessert was Banana Foster for Janet and David had Pecan Pie.

We considered going to the theater to see a show like the Circ du Soliel, but we were too tired and spent the evening in the cabin. This is a quick summary of our day. Good night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb