Mayrhofen


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol
May 17th 2024
Published: May 18th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a travelling day to get to Mayrhofen and today is familiarising ourselves with a new environment since we are here for a week.

Our apartment is spacious and well appointed so we can with sit at the balcony looking at the mountains, or go on the large deck at the back and face a tree lined verticle cliff.
Tomorrow the immediate chairlifts start operating so we'll have an opportunity to get up into the 3000m+ mountain tops.

In the morning we wandered the streets of this small but beautiful town and bought outdoor gear at a very reasonable price. It sure does leave our selection for dead in NZ. The colours and designs of clothing is amazing and the footwear, a vast selection. I wished I had held out and not not bought mine in NZ.

At the Information Office was a British woman now living in Mayrhofen. She was able to help us enormously with selecting places to go to without exhausting ourselves.
We are aware (ahem) that we're not quite up to what we used to be! There are a huge number of trails for hiking and biking, lakes to visit and an ice
The Zill river in Mayrhofen The Zill river in Mayrhofen The Zill river in Mayrhofen

The Zill drains from the mountain glaciers, down the Zillerthal Valley to the Inn River
cave, all available by the local bus or train.

The afternoon was spent either checking out some of the town trails or reading on the sunny back deck.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



18th May 2024

Loving it.
Keep it coming

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb